KeyLab 88: a professional-grade, 88-note MIDI controller keyboard
An extensive array of controls, a stylish yet amazingly lightweight design, and brilliant integration with laptops and tablets: KeyLab 88 is perfect for modern keyboard players, pianists, demanding stage performers, and professional producers who will not compromise on quality. KeyLab 88 sets a new standard in professional controller keyboards.
The Best Control Of Synthesis
As a professional hybrid synthesizer, KeyLab 88 offers the immediacy of a hardware synthesizer combined with the flexibility of a software-based solution.
The keyboard is entirely preassigned to work with the included Analog Lab software, giving you immediate and in-depth control over your sound. Change the filter cutoff, the resonance, adjust the 2 ADSR envelopes, and much more: as soon as the idea hits, it can happen.
But KeyLab 88 also acts as a Universal MIDI controller, compatible with any third-party software and hardware. MIDI Assignments can be customized for virtually any form of music technology using the LED screen or the included MIDI Control Center software.
A solution for the pianist of today
Thanks to the top quality, hammer-action Fatar keybed, the KeyLab 88 is the ideal companion for demanding performers.
Bundled with the Analog Lab software, KeyLab 88 offers an unparalleled, hands-on experience with the nearly 6000 TAE® synthesizer and electric piano sounds. Just fire up Analog Lab, connect the KeyLab 88, and you will be amazed at how well the experience matches the work-flow of a traditional hardware synthesizer. KeyLab 88 also comes with two virtual piano instruments: the Pianoteq Stage 5 (physical modeling) and the UVI Grand Piano (sampled Steinway D).*
- MIDI In/Out
– Connect your favorite MIDI hardware via the MIDI In and Out ports
- Control inputs
– Input connectors for adding expression pedals, a sustain pedal and a breath controller
- USB 2.0
– USB MIDI class-compliant operation for direct connect to your computer or iOS device (camera connection kit required)
- Optional DC power
– Optional DC power input allows use as a standalone controller
- Pitch and Mod Wheels
– Ergonomically-designed pitch bend and modulation wheels
- LCD screen for easy editing
– LCD display allows for easy editing and instant feedback of parameters and presets in Analog Lab
- Two banks of 10 encoders
– Two banks of 10 assignable encoders for use with your favorite plug-in or DAW
- Two banks of 9 faders
– Two banks of 9 faders gives you plenty of options for control. Inverse drawbar mode for use with organ plug-ins
- Backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads
– 16 backlit, ultra-responsive velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads
- Octave Transpose buttons
– Octave transpose buttons allow you to shift the keyboard range up or down
- Direct controls for Analog Lab
– Tight integration with our Analog Lab software gives you the feel of a hardware synth but with the power of software.
- Assignable buttons
– 10 assignable buttons for instant recall of your favorite Analog Lab sounds and quick control of your favorite DAW
- Transport Controls
– The transport controls can send MIDI Machine Control messages for hands-on access to your DAW.
- Includes Analog Lab with 5000 synth sounds
- All presets are carefully selected from Arturia’s virtual synths. These TAE® powered sounds offer unparalleled audio quality.
- Quickly filter the presets according to your criteria: by Instrument, by Type (Bass, Pads, Leads, etc.), or by Characteristics (long, bright, dark, etc.).
- In-depth Preset editing available for owners of Arturia synthesizers (mini V, CS-80 V, etc.). Edit your sounds on the original instruments within Analog Lab.
- Straightforward editing, with a complete array of parameters for tweaking sounds, directly assigned to the controls of the KeyLab 88.