The chameleon controller and sequencer that will match your musical environment perfectly. It’s compact, rugged, and the perfect companion on the road or in the studio.
Arturia’s BeatStep: a degree of functionality and performance never seen before in a portable pad controller. BeatStep is highly versatile, capable of triggering clips in applications like Ableton Live, playing drums with BFD or EZDrummer, or tweaking synth parameters. Or doing all of those at once!
BeatStep is also a 16-step analog sequencer, and it’s like a force of nature when it comes to creating interesting musical phrases for analog synthesizers, MIDI drum machines, keyboards and DAWs. Its advanced connectivity interfaces easily with a computer or iPad® using USB, a drum module with MIDI, or the CV/Gate inputs on an analog synthesizer.
In SEQ mode the pads become toggles for each step in your sequence. The 16 encoders will adjust pitch for the associated step. 16 memories allow for instant recall of your favorite patterns while the pad scale modes, sequence playback modes and time division functions allow for realtime performance changes.
On top of all that it has MIDI, USB and CV/GATE connectivity, giving you a sequencer that will work with all types of gear, including analog synths, software instruments, and MIDI hardware.
With 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, BeatStep is the perfect compact percussion instrument. The ultra-sensitive pads allow for great dynamic performances. The 16 encoders can be assigned to adjust various parameters for further real-time control over your drum sounds.
General purpose control surface
The BeatStep pads can be configured to send MIDI note on/off messages, MMC commands, Program and Bank changes, or serve as MIDI CC buttons.
With 16 encoders, 16 pads/buttons and 16 presets, there are as many ways to use BeatStep as there are live gigs and studio environments. You can trigger clips in Ableton Live or use the encoders to adjust the effects in your favorite DJ app. The transport buttons can be MMC controls or send MIDI CCs to start and stop your DAW. It can be the MIDI Clock master or slave to an external clock.
Using an iPad and a camera connection kit, you can turn BeatStep into one of the most flexible iPad app controllers ever.
- Data Knob
- In CNTRL mode this sends MIDI CC#7 (Volume). In SEQ mode it can transpose your sequence up or down or change the playback rate.
- Fully assignable in MIDI Control mode and used for adjusting pitches in SEQ mode. The 16 encoders offer you plenty of creative options.
- The transport buttons can send MMC or MIDI CC messages to DAWs, in addition to controlling the internal sequence.
- Mode Buttons
- The mode buttons allow for immediate access to the most-used functions.
- Classy, Backlit Drum Pads
- The 16 pads are velocity- and pressure-sensitive. They turn red for CNTRL mode or blue for SEQ mode, providing instant visual feedback on stage. And they feel great!
- 16 backlit pads
- Red = Control mode
- Blue = SEQ mode
- Velocity- and pressure-sensitive
- 16 assignable encoders with 2 modes
- MIDI CC
- Transport controls
- Send MIDI clock with Start/Stop (internal sync)
- Send MMC Play and Stop messages
- Data Encoder
- Volume MIDI CC#7 – Control Mode
- Rate – in Sequence mode
- Sequence Transpose – SHIFT + Data Encoder
- Kensington Lock port
- 16 user presets
- Multiple pad modes
- Note data
- MIDI CC data
- Program Change with Bank Select